San Francisco State University has a national reputation for its commitment to social justice, access for residents of the region and excellence, and it was exactly those qualities that drew me to this campus. Since joining the University, I have found that the kudos are not only well deserved, but that our successes go well beyond those for which we are famous.
The essential mission of University Advancement is to help support the larger goals of SF State, through fundraising, public awareness, educating elected representatives and by connecting alumni with each other, the University and the broader community. To achieve these goals, we work together as a team of teams, each composed of talented and driven individuals with a passion for excellence. The larger University Advancement team is composed of departments:
- Advancement Services staff process gifts and maintain the databases that are critical to making connections with our alumni and the community at large
- Alumni Relations, the folks who make connections with our alumni
- Athletics -- also known as Gators -- help students excel and provide palpable excitement to all
- University Communications tells the world about our remarkable students, faculty and staff
- University Development works with our neighbors, businesses, alumni and other stakeholders to raise funds that support our excellence in education
- Government & Community Relations informs our elected representatives of issues that affect and the benefits of public higher education
- Special Events staff makes things happen, from the annual commencement exercises to the celebration of a donor’s gift
Below, you will find a list of my department heads, who comprise my Advancement Cabinet.
I am proud to work with our teams of talented individuals to help raise San Francisco State University to ever greater heights, and I sincerely hope that you will join us in building a better world, one student at a time. Please consider making a gift to SF State.
University Advancement Cabinet/Department Heads
Nicole Lange '93
Jillian Sobol ’16